Been a while! I think I understand, now why sometimes I can’t remember my dreams well enough to put them down. Don’t worry I’ve had plenty of dreams…It’s when I play music. It has an immediate effect on memory recall for me.
Category Archives: car
I was driving to work early in the morning down my normal path out of the neighborhood. It was very very dark and I was already starting to get impatient with the slow people. I was stuck behind a slow motorcyclist and for some reason was having a hard time seeing even with my lights on. I change lanes to go around the guy and decide to turn on my high beams to help me see. Just as I do, I see a bike with 3 people sitting on it in my way. It all happened in slow motion: I tried to swerve around them, but it was too late. One girl is sitting on the bike normally and a male and female were sitting in front of her on the bar, making out. In pitch darkness. I hit them going 60mph the impact sent things flying in all directions. For an instant I thought about just leaving and pretending I didn’t know anything, but I couldn’t do that, so I hit the brakes and back up. I get out of the car and am suddenly teleported to the hallway in my house where plastic debris sits all over the floor. I look for the bodies, but I don’t see them until I notice a large mound of blankets in the corner of the hall. I take off the top layer, and it’s the kissing guy. He stirs, so I pull him onto the ground. Next under another blanket is kissing girl. She smiles, hops off and goes to join her lover. Finally on the bottom layer is the biking girl. I poke her in the head until she wakes up and ask if she’s ok. She says she dislocated a shoulder and I move her just to be sure. She’s right and demands an ambulance. Now starts my predicament. I don’t want to call 911 because it’s not really and emergency emergency. I don’t want to call the cops because I need rescue. Also, I still need to get to work and it seems I’ll be late if I have to file a report. I’m not worried about getting into trouble with the law because what the heck were they doing on the road just sitting there like that with no lights? And I have dashcam. Finally I call 911 and as I’m waiting to be connected, I talk to the injured girl (the other two have started making out again). Apparently I’ve been connected to 911 for a while and didn’t respond so they mobilized swat and pulled all the stops. Transported again but this time to the front of a Walmart. There are people EVERYWHERE, police, rescue, people in general, classmates, teacher. Like it was a carnival. I stand there and wait for police to come talk to me, my story all ready, but no one ever does. In fact, besides pointing at me, no one passes me another glance. The kissing couple have split up and gone away. The injured girl is lying in the shadows on a mattress on the ground and I go to talk to her. She’s been handcuffed and feet cuffed. I asked her why they were out on the road just sitting there like that, and she said matter-of-factly that they couldn’t stand being in the house anymore. At least she didn’t lie. So I go out to the crowd again. The law sqauds have gone away and now it really is a carnival. People in cow costumes, singing, chanting. I am completely confused.
wth. I have no idea.
I’m getting good at remembering these!
- I let my girl out to chase squirrels, but the squirrel had an acorn so big in its mouth it didn’t see her. She grabbed it and I was horrified so I made her let it go, but she got it again! Then Gable came out and it got crazy, but I never did see blood so I hope the squirrel made it?
- This next set all go hand in hand with each other. It starts with me and my mom driving home from the store. I’m driving and it’s dreary out, but all of the sudden she’s right in front of me and I’m in the back seat driving the car so of course I can’t see. Then the car gets a bird’s eye view like when you’re up in the elevator car thing driving around in Watchdogs 2, and driving just like I drive in it in the game, crashing into other cars and stuff. I yell at her sit down and she kind of glitches out lol.
- Home now, it’s still dreary out like it’s going to snow and we’re in a smaller kitchen in a house I don’t recognize. My mom is out the back door and handing things to me and my brother to put into the pantry…except the things are like condensed milk and one has a note on it saying it expired 31 years ago. I’m like, WHY DO YOU HAVE THESE?????? She looks at me, clueless, like it’s normal to have canned goods and other food from 3 decades ago. So I put them down and continue helping bring in containers and stuff to organize the pantry.
- Then my mom morphs into a younger Asian woman. In the same kitchen. She’s going through a bunch of trinkets and old items, pulling out a plastic piece with baby frozen on either side of it. Then she takes another plastic piece with 4 circles on the left and some names handwritten next to them. I ask her what those are and she says they’re her adoptive children that were never able to live past 4 years old and she hasn’t seen them in a while. Apparently there’s a way to resurrect them, so I say we should do it! She says it’s not without side effect, but we decide to try it anyways. It involves eating hardboiled eggs and something else. I end up eating 1/4 of the egg and she happily says, you get to take care of one of the 4! I’m like, huh??? Lo and behold we get a phone call! She picks up the phone and scrawls a few illegible things next to their names and get all excited! Then there’s a commotion in the backyard and look out to see a sock puppet moving at the bush. The lady exclaims, that’s one of them! That’s yours! I’m like, uhhhhhh, but don’t get a chance to mull over it because a neighbor walks over and gets attacked by sock puppet kid/person/thing. The puppet-kid is really about to kill him, so I jump in and stop it, and it turns out the puppet-kid is only a sock puppet from the chest and up. The rest of him is a body wearing a blue suit. I bring him in and all of the sudden there are other monster-kids in the kitchen.
- Next, the lady morphs into my bf’s mom. We’re sitting at the long kitchen table. I’m facing her. On my left is M and on the right is his adoptive sister (light-skinned black girl about late teens or early 20’s). Across the table his mom is talking to more of his adoptive brothers one of whom was just resurrected (also early 20’s) and apparently mostly Chinese but understands English and Vietnamese as she was speaking to him in a mix of the 3 languages. He was happy to be alive, chipper, and getting ready to go somewhere. He wore a yellow shirt with writing on it and was clean shaven and clean cut. He and some guys left. I turn to my bf and proceed to hug him from behind. He didn’t seem to be wearing a shirt and I made sure not to push on his belly because he doesn’t like that. I hug his chest tightly, and push my head into his back and then grab onto his legs for better grip (brushed past a nipple at this point lol dunno why my brain decided to add that detail in there…that’s how I knew he was shirtless) and I didn’t care that his mom and other sister (and maybe other people) were sitting there with us. We were murmuring about some old neighborhoods I grew up in (Bon Air, Brighton Green) and was familiar with and he apparently knew about them too. I have to say here that I never saw his face and only knew that he was a bigger guy and Asian. His sister sitting next to me didn’t seem to like that I was his gf and that I was holding him, so she asked what we were talking about. I didn’t care and then kissed his cheek loudly. Then he gets up to go to the garage. His mom gives me a tray of raw beef and I go to put it in my backpack but the blood starts to drip everywhere so I try to put it in a plastic bag but it’s dripping all over the place and messing with the other papers and books in my bag. I’m getting ready to leave and have to catch the bus to get back home, just over to visit for a little. He barges out of the garage excited about finishing something and then gets ready to leave himself. I say goodbye to his mom and turn around to glimpse him putting a blue stethoscope around his neck and wearing a white clinic jacket before waving excitedly to his mom and leaving. She puts a bunch of fruit on the table and wants me to take some, so I go investigate.
CUE THE WAKEUP.
Analysis: I NEVER see M’s face through all of this, and honestly his “mom” didn’t look like his mom. Just some Asian lady who I knew to be his mom. In retrospect no one looked like anyone, I just knew who they were. Last night my brother and I were watching Resident Evil 7 vids because we’re not going to buy it. That’s probably what inspired all the weird monsters. I spent the second half of the day playing Watchdogs 2 (almost done!!!) which explains the driving part and the Asian lady with kids (Auntie Shu in the game). The beef was because I was cooking with beef last night.
My brother had bought a Honda motorcycle, very light, compact, powerful, and quiet (must have been fuel cell or electric). He took me and some other girl to the store on it at night (can fit 2 passengers!) but when we came out it was gone! Obviously someone had stolen it, because it wouldn’t have taken much to pick it up. He was devastated as he had JUST gotten it. So he thought about it and I drove him to a place he told me about. Along the way I tried to be helpful, recommending he get a Forester again, or better yet a Legacy like he used to have. The feeling for me is why he kept changing cars, and there was an implication that between the Forester and the motorcycle he had even another car. So this third party dealer was in a no named business warehouse place. Apparently I had brought my dogs with us. The guy brings out the car they had previously been in contact with and I join my brother for a test drive which was really cool because there was a driving course pitting the car through any obstacle (road, curves, bumpies, water, raging water, snow, ice chunks, rocks, and logs). The car did amazingly even though he smashed into the ice a bit and the last portion coming off of rocks proved that the ground clearance was great! He was satisfied this was the car he wanted so he drove back and he and the guy start talking. I walk around the car to get a better look and it was this ugly matte gray, very boxy and older Forester car. I kept trying to see if it was an XT, but maybe the emblem had come off at some point. My brother must have been low on funds to get an older car like that. We then move into the office to do paperwork and I suddenly realize that my dogs are missing. Turns out the workers (small, close-knit company) had taken them in with the other dogs. Liana was busy napping on the couch in the front office with other patrons and was lying on my lap as I sat there, but Gable was lounging in the back office (large warehouse space with computers and tables) on a bunch of dog beds with other dogs. I was relieved. When I took them and left after the deal was done, they sent me an animated email card to say, “haha Gable left you because you neglected him and made lots of friends.” I was a bit amused.
Analysis: It bothers me that my brother is constantly saying things like I wish I’d chosen this/or I would’ve gotten this instead of this. Why can’t he just be happy with what car he bought? And I guess I’ve been worrying about my dogs.
Went to work and YNW took my chair. I was MAD, so instead of using another chair I decided to do a standing prophy until I could find a chance to steal my chair back. It’s a matter of principle!
The main story was of me as a bus driver for public transportation. The controls were very confusing and strange and as with most dreams the darn thing wouldn’t stop like a car usually stops when you hit the brake. There was a left and right lever and you had to use those two like a joystick/motorcycle handle. One twist was to go forward and the other turn was to go backwards. There was a foot brake set at the most odd angle underneath the seat but it didn’t work very well. Anyways I was driving it around pretending to be a bus driver because I wasn’t picking up people very well or if at all. People were making me mad the way they were driving like maniacs and I made a few mistakes myself, so instead I decided to drive in the back where there was no one. This was set in a very large area like an airport or a resort or a mall complex. There were shops and hotels and things but seemingly enclosed. I drove and was having fun but then crashed the bus behind a building. I was then thrown from the vehicle into the woods where Liana was also present. I had been warned previously (in bus training??) to beware the snakes in the area, so I was on high alert! Saw one chilling on a tree and then freaked out because obviously Liana was fighting one. I guess she got bitten because I hoisted her onto my back and paying no heed to my own injuries carried her the distance to the nearest building!
That building happened to be the lobby of a hotel, so I ran up to the desk and out of breath asked them if they had someone with anti-venin because she’d been bitten by a snake! They took her from me and rushed her off to safety. One of the guys asked me what type of snake and I described it as tan, with a square head and slitted eyes. To me it made a lot of sense and turns out it was called a “riki tiki” snake. They were all concerned as I looked pretty bad myself when I dramatically collapsed on the ground exhausted. None of my muscles would work and I couldn’t pick up my head, though for some reason I could sense what they were doing…my voluntary muscles would not work! I heard someone say that M was standing there at the desk, and “hey you’re an EMT do something!” I couldn’t see him but he poked me with his foot then left. I guess 911 was called because soon someone sent me through a series of diagnostic and therapeutic tests. They picked pieces of glass/debris from my butt and it was very painful, but I still could not move. My family shows up too. The tests included my ability to play smash bros with my eyes and then with my hands and that tool was what aroused my muscles! Then I proceed to tell my family what happened and there was suddenly a handy TV and playback of the events leading up to it all.
The other night dreamed that my mom bro and I were involved in some secret missions. We bought houses near the sites of operations to house our cars and be able to escape. Had a Honda Odyssey for one of them. No seats in the back. Ran to the car parked at one of the houses and raced (mom driving) to get to the Chevy dealer because we had to get there fast to switch cars. The road turned into some wooden docks where like in video games the planks weren’t always there and kept changing. Had to keep yelling at my mom to wait for them to be fully there before driving on them, but she just kept driving like a madwoman. I was terrified.
Then last night there were several different dreams, none of which were smooth. ne dealt with going on hygiene rotation in a large facility where one of my old school friends, a Protestant preacher, was supposed to be housed. It was instead a scary old abandoned school facility where I lost some classmates in a very dark room. Later I was riding in a car with another important woman and asked about the facility because she too was supposed to be a preacher with them, but she never answered my question because we arrived at Harris Teeter where so many cops were and I tried to buy some lottery tickets but I had to wait my turn and then the machine was messed up and gave everyone the same scratcher and even donated some of my money for me.
Back at the Snowhill, one of my old friends that suddenly started talking to me more was in it and for some reason a very old and dead-looking raccoon got into the house and started eating random items on the floor. No one did anything besides watch it with mild interest. I kept observing it and saying, “How weird! How strange!” I’m assuming general fear of being bitten by the less-than-healthy-looking creature and it wandered off on its own. After some lengthy deliberation I decided to go to a closet for a large net and capture it before it got so lost someone would get bitten and get rabies. I worried about what to do after catching it, since I didn’t have gloves, and another person recommended a plastic, clear bag to put it in. The thought of killing it was an absolute no no. So with my entourage (including old friend and brother) in tow, we headed towards the stairs and I was aghast to see the amount of damage it had already wrought on the stair banister (twisted the wooden thing and ate half of it). Then suddenly at the top of the stairs it poked up its head and I tried calling it to me while slowly and clumsily trying to net it. There were at least 3 poor attempts at nabbing it before I think I got it, because I woke up.
The next dream mixed all together, despite me waking up a couple times in the middle…must have been good. It started by getting really excited to go to a car event because we were invited to go test drive some cars on a nice track. We got through this big castle entrance to what seems to be an amusement park type of place? We sit through an opening ceremony and then get invited back first because we are VIP. They have 4 big truck-type cars to test out and we (I) test drive them all on the course. For my favorite one, now that I’ve tested into the night, they told me to just take it down the road and keep going. Someone was following me in another truck and I’m just driving in the dark. Suddenly a cop lights me up and I’m like, I’ll just keep driving…should I pull off?? But he cuts his light and all of the sudden races ahead of me along with several others as they attend something more important. I thought maybe it was because they saw my license plate showing my VIP driving experience status and OK’d it so I keep going, but I get pulled over for real a short time later. The guy following me gets out too and we sit there. As the sun starts to rise, we’ve collected a very large crowd of others who got pulled too. I ask the cop whats going on and he said we have to wait our turn to sit in traffic court. I look down the road and see that the tiny town we’re in has a case in the little court that’s on-going. Finally they let us all leave and told us to come back on Thursday to attend court. I asked a local girl if this is customary to have such a large crowd attend together and she said yes. I remember she was very attractive and offered to have me over to her house which I took her up on for a few minutes before my brother came to pick me up. I still have the keys to the car I got pulled in my pocket and we make the very long drive back to the place. We have to go through the front again and instead of the opening ceremony, we have to sit through a church service? I came with someone I liked very much, a female, but I cannot remember her face. Someone sat next to me I didn’t know and I had bags of French bread and a little living horse in my hands. The preacher was extremely animated and everyone had his rapt attention. I agreed with his words, and he wandered around the congregation, sitting with one guy wearing a crazy hairstyle and a black mask covering his whole face. The collection lady went around picking up the offerings of vegetables in plastic bags and our pew line had so much lettuce to give I had to keep laying it on the collector’s arms (a black lady). The white lady in front of me had some crazy loud music playing from underneath her seat and didn’t know it, so I had to turn it off for her it was drowning out the preacher.
Finally I looked back to see the guys wave to me to come back with them and as I handed over the keys and explained what happened to me, pointing to the guy that came with me as proof, they weren’t concerned and asked me which car I liked the best. I told them the one I got pulled in and POOOOF I woke up.
Hey at least I got to have closing on this dream…most of the time I get no conclusion.
Analysis: I’d spent the entire evening after dinner watching all sorts of car videos casted to our TV with my bro, from car comparisons to IIHS car crash testing. Of course I’d have a car dream. The old friend, I had suddenly gotten in contact with more on Facebook. Snowhill is my old house that I grew up in, so I dream of it often. The dead raccoon thing? I dunno…maybe my dogs’ toys? The church bit with the crazy congregation and lettuce offerings??? I have no clue. Darn brain lol.
I’ve been having dreams lately about houses. Last night I had no real dreams I remember because I didn’t actually sleep much. However the last few night have been rather memorable.
There was one about cars. I was at the Subaru dealer with my brother, when he decided to buy an old Ford Explorer. Like old, old, with the red, rusty color and all dusty and everything. So, similarly, I bought an old Dodge Viper. Like, OLD. And it was tiny. We went to park it somewhere and all I had to do was push it (not drive it) into a small area between a snow covered trailer, and another car. Then I went to lock the door with the manual key, but I had to get on my hands and knees to find the lock because the car was so small and it turned out the key hole was broken and we’d have to fix it. I decided I’d have to jump in because it was convertible anyways. While down that low, I found a bunch of coins from the previous owner stuck in the door that I’d have to look through later. We drove it “home” which happened to be a very nice, pink/red brick house probably around 3000 sq ft. It had a full paver driveway with a 2 car garage and lots of space on the driveway. There were 3 new cars there (from visitors) and my brother was there already, so I put my car along the side. My brother commented that it will probably need a cover, and I was wondering if it didn’t as the insides looked like it was made for weather. The annoying part was that my dad was there too. I spent some time complaining that he was there and saying he needed to leave but no one seemed bothered by it. Then I complained about having 2 houses and how maybe I should go live at the other house. He seemed interested in the car, and for some reason I’d unscrewed all the parts on the way over, so I tried to put it all back together with some difficulty.
Next dream was a different house, the next night. It was a much more homey house, not nearly as nice, but still in a quiet, tree-filled neighborhood. 2 stories, a beat up looking covered sunroom, and about 2100 sq ft, no garage. The yard in the back was pretty big and we had just had a new fence put in. Now before this house part there was a part with getting stopped by police checkpoint. My brother and I were eating FunDip and the police had to test the white powder substance in the baggie and our faces. The test turned red and the other cop said that we shouldn’t eat those they cause cavities. I got along really well with the cop and I gave him a big hug (his body reminded me of M) before we left. OK, back to the house: I had let Liana and Gable out but someone had knocked a section of our fence out so Liana ran off. I had Gable, but thankfully some other greyhound owners got her and she ran back to me. Then there was a section where some greyhound owners were having a meeting in our backyard and I had to listen to it. Turns out it was the neighborhood that busted out our fence because they were making a sidewalk. Then a guy said that he could move the end portion of the fence to right before the sidewalk, because with it the way it was then, our appraised value of the house goes down since it messes with the nice view of the trees. I agreed and then made plans to plant things on the other side of the sidewalk, assuming that it was still ours.
strange, strange, strange.
I was driving a van much like an Astro van, but was sitting in the back so it was a little hard to see out the front. Coming into make a left turn at a stoplight, but there were a group of Vietnamese people in the road. I honked at them, but instead of moving one threw something at some kids in the median for them to take away. Then I hit one of the people who didn’t care to move and drove over the other people in the group. Finally was able to stop the car at the red light, but as my sister yelled, “YOU RAN THEM OVER!!!!!!” I was seriously contemplating whether or not I should hightail it out of there instead of getting out and facing the brass.
Other dreams included co-workers, bosses, their house, kids, orchestra and someone either being very sick or dying…namely one of the bosses’ kids and I had to babysit the other 2.
Too much Top Gear last night, Gaming con this past weekend.